Sunday, June 15, 2014

TCOT Weekly Menu Planner #13

Hi!  I feel like I was just here!  Hehehe...Let's just jump right into it!

Monday: fish starch veg

I'm not a super huge fan of salmon, but I know a lot of others are.  So, here goes a recipe for you!  Feel free to substitute your favourite fish with this same recipe and it should turn out just as yummy.  One of the great things about fish, eh?!  Now, what are you going to cook it with?  Rice from the steamer?  Mashed potatoes?  Couscous?  The choice is yours!  Broccoli or green beans would be great with this, too.  Fresh first, then frozen.  Never canned or jarred, ok?!

 recipe


Tuesday:  Steak, pot, peppers

I love beef.  I have to admit, but beef and shrimp are probably my favourite.  This recipe is very easy as is most steak recipes and fast, too.  I love that!  My kids would never eat the onions and peppers.   So, I slice them big enough to pick them out and typically just cut up some raw carrots or tomatoes for them.  To me, baked potatoes are the way to go here.  If you have time, chuck them in the oven, if not go ahead and nuke them, but it's not nearly as healthy or as yummy as in the oven.  Hey!  It's been a while since we've had fries.  If ya wanna make some here, then go ahead!

 recipe


Wednesday:  honey, sesame chicken

This is one of those awesome meals where ya give yourself a few minutes in the morning to throw it in the crock pot, ya come home from work, steam some rice and supper is ready.  I love that!  Add a few carrots if you like or other veggies at the very end of cooking, like mushrooms or peas.  I get a lot of stuff from this site.  So feel free to find some other great recipes.

 recipe


Thursday:  pancetta and sun dried tomatoes

Wow!  Wow!  Wow!  I think the entire family will love this one. I make something very similar.  If you have no idea what pancetta is or where you can buy it, than just grab some nice bacon.  It's not THAT different.  Hehehe...  The recipe is a great, basic, pasta recipe and you could use shrimp, chicken or other meats in the pancetta's place.  Very fast and easy meal here that's full of flavour!  I love that! Don't forget fresh pasta!

 recipe

Fun Food Friday:  French Bread Pizza

Ok!  Ok!  I might put pizza on the menu too often, but it is a family favourite, after all!  Here is something a little different.  Now, I'm sorry, but I can never figure out why one would eat something not so healthy as something like this.  Take a half baked loaf or a fresh baked loaf of French or Italian style bread, slap some jarred sauce on there and add your favourite toppings.  It's so much healthier than frozen or take out and it will be ready in half of the time!  That's right!  Half of the time.  A couple of minutes to prep it and only 10 minutes or less to cook!  Enjoy!


 recipe



Saturday:  hot dogs

I'm hooking ya up with some....alternative ways to make hot dogs, but you know the drill!  Consider some corn on the cob or maybe potato salad and cucumber salad to go with it.

 recipe


There are so many different ways to make dogs!  We do ours totally traditional here.  Just some onions, ketchup, mustard, buns and actually, I like pickles with mine.  However, when I lived in the States I loved a chili dog.  Then I moved to the south and ate one with cole slaw!  Wow!    There are so many things you can do.  Don't be afraid to venture some veggie dogs either.  Once ya got all of your toppings on there, you won't even notice a difference.

Sunday:  Gumbo

My hubby has been after me to make some gumbo.  So today will be his day!  Hehehe...My recipe is very similar to this one.  Good ole fashion ingredients and room to add or subtract some extras if you like.  It's Sunday!  Take some time to cook and enjoy your family.

 recipe

Alright!  You're set for another week.  If there are some things you're not so crazy about, then check out previous menu's that will fit you and your family's needs better.

Thank you for taking a peek!  We'll see ya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment