Thursday, December 31, 2015

On The Ice Freebie And Then Some

Welcome to The Cherry On Top.

We're get'n all scrappy up in here!  Today, we've got Magsgraphics back in the spot light.  She's got a fabulous flurry-ous, new kit out, On The Ice.  There's also a free frame you can get over at Scraps N' Pieces, some super chilly inspiration and..dun..dun..daah...a freebie from us, of course.

Let's jump right in!

My first layout I made with On The Ice was this one.  Ah...more photos from when I lived in Charlotte and it was cold enough to snow.  Hehehe...I know Maggie loved this layout and had me turn it into a quick page for her.  I'm not sure what her plans are for it, but when I know, I'll let you know.  Who knows, it may come in the form of a freebie.

 snp

This is just a sample of On The Ice.  It's an entire collection.  Each piece is only $1 for a limited time.  So, zip over to S N' P and snatch them up!

 snp

Think outside of the theme.  I've been iceskating one time in my entire life and hated it.  Hehehe...There is so much to this collection that it's a great fit for wintery fun as well as any kind of everyday photos.  A super versatile colour palette for young, old, male or female and typical elements that you could use for anything.

Here's a look at Maggie's free frame from the Recipe Challenge over at Scraps N' Pieces.  I used one of Maggie's papers from the Ice Skating kit with this lovely wood look.  Back up some squares with coordinating papers or use photos in all of them.  The penguin is actually a journal card fit in there.

 snp forum

Layer up your clusters and don't forget those shadows for a sweet dimensional effect.  Each layer, as you go up, will have a slightly larger shadow you choose how much darker.  It often depends on the depth you want to create and even the colour that it's on top of.

I whipped up this fun frickie/cluster frame.  I call it a frickie because it could be used as a quick page or a frame.  Hehehe...


Here is the frickie used as a quick page.

 snp

This is the frickie used as a cluster frame.  Layer up your favourite backgrounds, don't forget those shadows and your finished.

 snp

Awe, my little snow bunny.  This is the most snow I've ever seen in Belgium in the 12 years I live here.  The kids loved it and we could finally build a decent a snowman.

Make sure you got it all straight.  Get Magsgraphics free frame in the forum at Scraps N' Pieces, play along in the challenge, get the parts of the collection that you love the most, since they are only $1, now, download our free frickie and get scrappy. You deserve it!

Our goodies are always for PERSONAL USE ONLY.  Do not claim them as your own or resell them, please.  Leave us some loving if you download our goods.  It's a great way to say thank you.

You may also want to hit up Maggie's blog.  She's usually got free stuff there.

Happy scrapping!