Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Simple Scrapping, Album Continued

Welcome to The Cherry On Top's Traditional Tuesday.

I'm back with another page from my simply scrapped, mini album from a short trip to Trier, Germany.  The goodies I'm using are from an amalgamation of products I received in a pizza box scrap event at Tiny's Hobby in Kortrijk, Belgium.

Use minimum products, make simple, inexpensive pages and scrap fast.  Keep reading to see our tips and tricks.


This is the second page from this album.  To see the first page, click here.  The photo is fairly busy and so is the background paper so I used a contrasting, darker coloured solid paper for under the picture.   I placed it slightly to the right to benefit my title I'll put to the top left. 


I love using papers for my elements.  What an excellent way to save money.  Simply cut out the images you like and apply.


I used a large scalloped punch, some scrap from the collection and a sticker.  Embellishments made easy and at little cost.


Get a good look at my corner cluster.  I layered up a lot of leaves to give the layout interest and dimension.  I used double sided foam tape as well as huge, Zots glue dots, which are really awesome.

I applied another repetitive circle with a natural feel and some more yellow so that it all coordinates.  Repeating patterns, shapes and colours is a great way to keep your projects and layouts balanced and complete.
  

This sweet alpha was also in the pizza box.  It coordinated perfectly with the rest of the goodies.  It looked a tad bit bland on my light corner of the photo and the lighter paper so I inked them up.


As you can see, I rarely buy things at full price.  I got these nifty metallic thingies for next to nothing.  The colour is nice and warm and makes a super neat contrast to a more natural layout, like this one.  It looked a bit empty so I filled the tiny centre with itty bitty pearls.


There's the completed page.  Full of coordinating colours, repeating elements and patterns and keeping in the same look as my first page.

Scrap fast, simply and with little cost.

See ya next week and thanks so much for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment