Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Traditional Scrapbooking Challenge

Welcome to The Cherry On Top's Traditional Tuesday.

Today's post presents a scrapbooking challenge for you.  I know there are a lot of scrappy sisters out there who are on the fence in deciding whether to give digital scrapbooking a try and I'd love to encourage that.

There are a lot of positives when it comes to digital scrapbooking.  I certainly am not trying to talk you out of traditional scrapbooking.  I love it, too.  Hybrid scrapbooking is a fun way to make a slow transition and The Cherry will even help you to do it free and with guidance.

Read further to learn about our challenge, grab a free hybrid template, see some inspiration, our finished, traditional lift and take a look at some new goodies in the shop.


I recently started selling digital scrapbooking templates.  Most of the templates can be used as quick pages as well.  Of course, you can always "lift" the idea and make it your own.  Above is one of my recent templates and I thought I'd show off to traditional scrappers that you can just as easily lift a digital layout as you can a traditional one.  First of all, I lifted this template from a traditional scrap.  Hehehe...



I started with these hearts that I cut out of "Posh" paper from Simple Stories.  I've got several other pages using this collection. Click here to see more.  As you can see, I bent the heart, softly in half to bring them off of the page.   I used a tiny glue dot, right in the middle of the heart to adhere it to my page.


Then I had to decide what paper I wanted to back the array on.  I thought I'd share the process, here.  I loved the printed, words paper.  It really resembled my digital page, but I felt it was just too busy.  With the black and white background, it felt like the hearts didn't pop enough. So, I went with the beige.



I used a thick double sided tape for the medium, pink hearts and an even thicker foam tape for the tiny, green hearts.  Notice the dimension it lends to my heart cloud?



Add a few, dots, bling, beads, buttons...to put in your mix.  You could spray, splatter or stamp before you get started, too.  I kind of wish I would have done that!  Especially, on this plain paper.



I couldn't get my printer to connect so I had to fudge my whole thing!  Hehehe...However, I have provided you with a template to use on my previous blog.  I'll put it here as well.  You can use the template as is or cut out each shape and trace it on to the paper of your choice.

Here are my templates.  All three are just 1,79!


 Heartful Templates from The Cherry On Top



I also just put these wordies in the shop.  Print them out or use them digitally.  Print on sticker paper or whatever paper you choose.  Sticker paper and paper with a slight gloss, gives the best results.  Don't forget to check your printer settings that they are on "best" quality, too.

Ya get all four sheets in png format for just .99 and the beauty is, you can print them out as much as you need.  Ya gotta love that.


 Everyday Wordies from The Cherry On Top

If you do take our challenge and use our template, I'd love to see what you do.  Head over to our Cherry group.  We'd love to see ya there!

Thanks of checking out The Cherry!

No comments:

Post a Comment