Friday, September 22, 2017

Free Card Making Template

Welcome to The Cherry On Top's Freebie Friday.

I've got a fun, free template, new templates in the shop and a bit of layout love from Throwing Some Scraps Around.

Grab a cup of something lovely and enjoy today's blog.

 free card making template

I love making my own cards.  For one, I do not like going out shopping, card shopping included.  I've got so much stuff, both digital and actual that I might as well save some $$$ and just make it myself. Designing a card from scratch is pretty easy, but when you've got a nifty template to follow, you can save even more time.

I'll have a traditional template ready for you on Tuesday so you can use it that way if you prefer.  We'll have a step by step tutorial, too!

These are 5x5 sized pages saved at 300 resolution so if you do want to enlarge them, they come out great still.  I had to enlarge the free template to get just the size I wanted.  Keep that in mind.  The ones in the store are all set.

So, it's up to you!  Will you scrap it all up digitally, traditionally or go hybrid style?  There are so many possibilities.  I was also thinking of these other uses with these templates for inchies, journal cards and project life pages.  Use the templates as a guide or use them literally increasing or decreasing the size as needed.

Here are two I've done so far.

traditional scrap with up cycled Christmas cards

the hybrid version, made digitally and printed


 Sentimental Sentiments Templates

The templates in the shop come with a 5x5, plain template for your inside page. Since the templates are 5x5, you can rotate the direction and place it and the inside sentiment on one sheet of paper, then print.  For the best printing results use a rigid paper.  Preferably with glossy or semi glossy paper.  If your printer has a "best" option, select it.

Check out the gorgeous cards Dana from Made By Keuntje made with the new templates!  Mega wow, right?!  The first is with a pirate themed kit from Laurie Scraps.  It's an invitation for her son's pirate themed party.

 Sentimental Sentiments Templates

 Sentimental Sentiments
Sentimental Sentiments Templates, Blue Heart Scraps A Little Help From My Friends

This is no longer free. Make sure you sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date and so you don't miss any free stuff.


Did you see the cute card I made on the preview, above?  That's going to be your freebie for Hybrid Saturday, tomorrow.  Make sure you come back to get your free card.  Consider supporting The Cherry by buying something from our shop and sharing our blog posts and other social media posts with your scrappy sisters.

 Falling Templates

Have you seen our new templates from last week?  Falling templates are on promotion for just 1,50 for three, lovely templates.  Add them to your stash and scrap your favourite pics.


 Falling Templates
Falling Templates and Autumn Joys from Throwing Some Scraps Around

I've scrapped up this page with my crazy husband, the templates from last week and Throwing Some Scraps Around's new release, Autumn Joys.  I made a delicious, from scratch cranberry sauce.  If you've never made it yourself before, you'll slap your forehead when you find out how easy it is to make and how few ingredients there are.  I've got the recipe right here for you.

Thank you so much for allowing The Cherry into your day.

Happy scrapping!