Friday, February 15, 2019

Awesome New Templates, Pixel Scrapper Blog Train is Digital Scrapbooking At It's Best

Welcome to The Cherry On Top.

We've got yet another blog full of fabulous digital and traditional scrapbooking on tap.  There are fantastic new templates in the Kreative Design Studio, that I just know you are going to love.  As per Friday, we've got drool worthy page inspiration.  There is the Pixel Scrapper Blog Train. I'm giving you a link to get a free collection from the Scrappy Sisters as well as other freebies including our 52 Reasons Why I Love You, free printables.

This will be the last few days of the shop Scrappy Sisters.  Though it breaks my heart, I'm equally thrilled that I still have my Etsy shop.  It will take me some time to get all of the templates that I had exclusively at Scrappy Sisters into Etsy.  It's the perfect time for you to grab EVERYTHING in my SS shop for 30% off, there.  

 pistachio

These new templates can be found ONLY at our shop in Etsy. 

I'm in a state of bliss as I go through all of these gorgeous pages my Creative Team have designed with Pistachio and kits and collections from around DigiLand.  I've got Hilary's page on tap, first.  It's so, so fun!


 pistachio

I'm very happy to announce that the mega talented Jarmila will be joining The Cherry's family, too. The goodies are from Butterfly Design.


 pistachio

What are your thoughts on these paper strips?  Aren't they a great way to show off your most precious papers?!  They make a super back drop for your pretty pictures, too.  Add depth and lift with a lot of layers.  That's what Pistachio templates do.  I'm totally digging the banner Wendy "sewed" on to the bottom of her picture.  Lovely goodies from River Rose, J is for Joy.  (I got this free with my last purchase at Sweet Shoppe Designs.)


 pistachio

 Ngoc used products from Laurie's Scraps.  The black is a great contrast to these vibrant colors.


 pistachio

Here's another page from Jarmila.  She used new goods from BooLand Designs. 

 pistachio

Remember this collection from last week?  I still haven't played, but I hope to change that this weekend.  Awesomeness from Kristin Cronin Barrows at the Sweet Shoppe Designs.  Wendy was not put off that there were no clusters on this template.  She just slapped them right where she wanted anyway.  Whoo hoo!  Usually I use templates to get me started.  Get the ole mojo going and then I do man' thang and so should you.

 pistachio

Meghan Mullens provided these scrap-a-liscious papers and ellies and Cassie put them to excellent use.  Her page is so cheerful and bright and the light background ground makes everything fit perfectly with the hint of splatter.  More lovelies from Sweet Shoppe Designs.


 pistachio

Here's Rochelle's cutie and a kit from Laura Burger.  Are you the type that blends the clothes from the picture with your papers?  I love when that happens, but I often don't plan it.  It can really make your page feel more coherent.  Occasionally, the clothes from my pictures clash with the colors from the kit and that is when it's a no go.

I totally need to remember, never to buy a red coat every again.  Hehehe...I've got a lot of lovely pictures of my kids going several years with a red jacket and it always stood out on my pages.  Grrr....hehehe...If you're savvy enough, you can probably change the color!


 pistachio

I love the fact that us scrappy sisters share a part of ourselves and our kids.  I've been watching their children grow and it's a lovely experience.  Ella takes the best pictures and who wouldn't want to photograph a lady that lovely over and over?  

Small clusters nicely spread out and great balance with the colors lends to one awesome page.  Ella scrapped with, Awesome Together.  Find it here.


 pistachio

Tanja also used goodies from the Sweet Shoppe.  Her shadows are more subtle.  It gives her page a different look from some of the others.  It's all a matter of preference.  Take a close up look at the pages you love and learn what it is the you like so much about them.  Above, Ella used a much more dramatic shadow.


 pistachio

Danica's page flows so beautifully.  It reminds me of a cloud floating high in the sky on sunshiny day.  The pop of black is a nifty touch of contrast.  She admitted that not using clusters was a challenge.  Hehehe...I never even thought of it when I was designing the template.  I guess I felt all of these lovely layers was enough.  Lovelies from KimB.  Find them, here.


 pistachio

You remember my page from last week using LouCee Creations new kit, Some Bunny Loves You?  I thought it would look SO cool to delete the shadows from all of the "photo" layers, merge them, add the shadow back and insert just one large photo.  I still might try it myself.


 pistachio

 KDS

I'm so sure you are going to love these new templates!  Feel free to share your pages with our products in our group.

Here's another page I designed with last week's templates, Heartstrings.  You've only got this weekend to grab them before they are gone from SS and back in the Etsy shop somewhere down the line.  I used Very Vintage from Aimee Harrison Designs.  These colors, right?!  You will be seeing them in future templates, for sure.  Hehehe...

This picture of me is from last weekend.  The hubs and I had this wonderful opportunity to go to a fancy dinner and a soccer game with great seats.  Great seats!  I never get to sit in those.  Boy, was I grateful.  The rain was pouring down all night and the wind was ripping.  I think I would have found an excuse to go and stay in the bathroom, otherwise.  Hehehe...

 Heartstrings

If you are here for the Pixel Scrapper blog train, welcome.  I hope you're enjoying our Freebie Friday blog so far.  If you are on the hunt for more freebies, keep reading.

I love birds and I love spring.  I went with the happy springy colors in our palette and designed this paper template for you.  It comes in tif and psd.  You also get a wreath and a grungy edge.


 Pixel Scrapper Blog Train

If freebies are for you then so is The Cherry.  We design our very own free stuff and share other freebies from around DigiLand nearly every single day via our group and page on FB.  Join us there so you don't miss out.  Our newsletter is also a sure way not to miss our freebies, challenges, chats and other going on's.


 Scrappy Sisters bd freebie

If you didn't get your birthday freebie from the Scrappy Sisters yet, no worries.  You can get the collection in the group, but hurry up.  It might be taken down after this weekend.

 Free Template

Here was our contribution to the last Love For Layout Templates train.  You can still get the download.  It's really, really fun!


 52 Reasons Free Printables

I've you've been itching to make one of those adorable 52 Reasons Why I Love You album, we can help with that!  I've designed 52 journaled cards and 4 blank ones and they are all free.  Print them out and bind them as is or add pictures and or your very own journaling to the blank ones.

Thank you so much for giving The Cherry a piece of what I hope to be, a fantastic day.

Happy scrapping!