Friday, February 8, 2019

Heartstrings Digital Scrapbooking Templates and Fabulous Freebies

Welcome to The Cherry On Top.

Last week we had a fabulous hop around.  There were 15 free templates to download and those links are all still live.  If you missed it, click on the image of our free template and you'll get swept back to the stops before and after mine.  There is also a link where you can find all of the stops.


 L4lT hop around

Here are today's new templates, Heartstrings.  I bet you've got plenty of pictures that you hold close to your heart.  These templates will be perfect to scrap those.  I want to give you a few tips and ideas how you could use them via the lovely pages from me and my awesome team.


 Heartstrings

There certainly was an overwhelming favourite in this pack for my CT.  Looks like the heart shaped template drew close to their heart.  Hehehe...I couldn't resist it either.  I often pair up my templates with a kit that resembles them or at least my impression of them.  I was thinking jovial, bodacious...hehehe...and so I chose my collection, Trolla Bolla to scrap them.  The templates and the collection mirrors my boys and the way I feel about them, perfectly.  Their boisterous, over the top, witty, charming, lovable selves.


 Heartstrings

I did have to toy a bit with the tweaking of both of my pages.  My page above felt a bit plain with a solid white background.  When I added the black heart underneath, it totally changed the look of my page.  The string really popped and it felt more balanced.  (It's also 30% off.)

 Trolla Bolla


 Heartstrings

On my second page, I changed the papers around a lot.  It always felt so, so busy.  I opted for a smaller palette and a lot of repetition with color, papers, elements, etc.  The stamps totally brought in a much needed touch to bring it all together.  The blue stamp is originally pink in the collection.  Consider changing the colors in your kits and collections to make them fit perfectly.  For Creative Teams, you might want to ask your designer if it's ok.

 Heartstrings

I was so, so happy to see some soft, natural pages coming in.  See if you notice a pattern with these next three, gorgeous pages.

 Heartstrings

 Heartstrings

They all used fairly subtle backgrounds. Kim and Jarmila made all of the string the same color which can really improve your page if you're feeling it too, busy.  Tammy left the center of her page more open and concentrated on the edges with extra texture via guesso and paint.  Giving you focus on the center and still leaving the page clean and neat, overall.

 Heartstrings

Hilary ditched the string and put the majority of her work right down the center.  The paper strips and paint around the edges lends a nice, even aesthetic.


 Heartstrings


Carol also used soft, pretty colors and gave her page a vintage look to match her photos.  Sweet, eh?


BIG NEWS!!!  If you haven't heard, Scrappy Sisters is closing.  I'm giving 30% off from now until closing day.  The important part is, most of my newer, larger file templates are only at Scrappy Sisters.  I'm working on a way to get them in my Etsy shop, but it might take awhile.  I highly recommend getting any of our templates that have been on your wish list or in your cart.  Especially, with the 30% off sale.

On to more new products from other designers.

 Life Spectacular

Throwing Some Scraps Around has some mega cool, new templates in their shop.  I paired up this one with Hygge from Aimee Harrison.  I totally enjoyed this natural, smaller color palette.  It's still plenty chilly here and I certainly was chilly sitting outside with my lovely beer, in Germany.  Many of the designers contributed to Hygge.  Pop over to the Studio and check it out.

 Some Bunny Loves You

You're getting a sneak peek at some upcoming templates of ours and a fabulous page kit from LouCee Creations, Some Bunny Loves You.  That's JJ and Pluisje.  They are always together.  Cats seem to totally get Autism. I often get asked about pets and Autism and I've written a blog about it, if you are interested.  For us, cats, fish and chickens have proven to be awesome pets for both of our boys with Autism.  Dogs might not be the perfect match.  It depends on the child and the type of dog, of course.

 LouCee Creations

Lou often gives a freebie with her new goodies and her newsletters are most manageable.  I got this one last week.  Pop over there and see what it's all about, by clicking on the above image.


I'm continuing with more awesome freebies that coordinate with our year long challenges and this year's free collection, Because.  We've given the first month's free scrap kit for January and we've got the link up for February's Challenge now, too.  If you play with the template, you'll also get this extra for free, at the end of the month for participating and posting in the right album.  You do NOT have to use our free kit with the template.  Look what super scrappy sister Tammy has done with it!

 group

Gorgeous, right?!  Tammy used a beyond fabulous collection from Kristen Cronin Barrow and I'm smitten with it.  Last time I looked it was priced to sell at the Sweet Shoppe, so ya may want to go and check it out.  It's now mine along with a few other lovelies.  By Your Side is definitely for you.  The entire store was on sale for 40% off!  If you don't want to miss awesome sales like that, ya better sign up for their newsletter.




This is another page from Tammy.  Look at this amazing blending job using our free template from the hop around.  This is a kit from Wendy P, You Are My Favorite.  You can find it here.  


 sumptuous

Sumptuous is our first kit with free coordinating template in our One Word Wonders series I'm doing this year.  Newsletter subscribers get a free sample of each page kit and a coupon for half off in our Kreative Design Studio.  Being a subscriber certainly has perks.  Consider joining our list!  If you still have not used your coupon for this, ya better jump on that.  I'll be discontinuing the discount next week.

 newsletter

Here's a free quick page we gave away last week.  Click on the image to get the download.

 Free Quick page

Oh!  A reminder for those of you doing last year's year long challenge, 52 Reasons Why I Love You.  Time is running out!!!  Hehehe...No!  I'm not finished yet either!  Hehehe...Go to this blog right here to get ALL of the free printables and get your tushie in gear.  The big day is nearly here.  Of course you can give or design your mini album whenever you want.  We don't need Valentine's Day as an excuse to show our love and or affection to the special people in our lives, right?!

Still not enough free stuff for you, today?  Check out these other freebies offered around DigiLand.

Sweet Shoppe has a section in their shop dedicated to free samples from their designers.  Play with a designer's goodies to see if their stuff is a right fit for you.  Here's an example. There are 23 samples!!


 Sweet Shoppe Designs

I just downloaded this fun, free font from Font Bundles.  If it is no longer available, no big deal.  There will be other free ones.

 font bundles

Thank you for hanging with The Cherries.  I hope we've inspired you, today.  If you'd like to get more involved with The Cherry and hang with our family, consider joining our social spots and our scrap-a-liscious group.

Happy scrapping!