Friday, August 23, 2019

Happy Trails Travel Themed Digital Scrapbooking Templates and a Free Journal Card


Welcome to The Cherry On Top.

I don't know about you, but I'm so bummed to see the summer on its way out.  Belgium and Germany doesn't exactly have the greatest weather and I so love the long, warm, sunny days.  Putting away the sandals and bringing out the boots totally brings me down, but these new templates brightened my day and I hope they do the same for you.

Thanks to some fabulous Commercial Use products from Wishing Well Creations and GS Creations, I could make some really fun, large shaped templates for you.  I had such a great time designing these, that I made an extra one.

Keep reading to see how I and my fabulous team used the templates and check out my, off the page idea with them as well.  It's in the form of a freebie



The first four pages I've done myself.  I couldn't wait to play with ALL of them.  They will make a totally awesome travel album, paired up with some of our other goodies.

Goodies from the Sweet Shoppe.

I knew that when I designed this page, it would be THE one that most of the ladies would play with and I was right.  That never happens!  Hehehe...It seems, I'm not the only one who is just crazy about notebook style pages.

We've got two packs of planner/notebook themed templates and I designed another pack that will be hitting the shop soon.

 Planned Tempaltes

 Planned Again

I may have went a little nuts with my next page.  In Belgium, scooters are used a lot.  My hubs has one and I used to ride around one as well.  I've got my eyes out for an electric model for in the near future. I used Paty Greif's kit, Flamingos for my page.

 Happy Trails Templates

I used Puffy Styles to get this more dimensional look of my scooter.  These are recent pictures of silly ole me in our visit to Beilstein, Germany.  It's only a few minutes away from our place, but we never stopped there.  Boy, was it worth the trip.  It's tiny, but beautiful and there is a ruin of a castle at the top of the mountain (that you have to climb) with a look out tower and a restaurant where I could most pleasantly indulge in a Paulaner from the tap.  Mmmmm...

That's me enjoying the hike back down the mountain after a liter of beer.  Hehehe...

 Happy Trails Templates

If this collection looks familiar it's our collaboration, Adventure Awaits with Made By Keuntje and Throwing Some Scraps Around.  There you can see the castle ruins, stunning views and the hubs and I.  The airplane is all mine.  Whoo hoo!  I simply added an outline and a few basic shapes over the cooking cutter shaped airplane in PSE.  I thought with the map background and map design on the plane, it kind of blended nicely.  You might choose to decrease the size of the plane and increase the size of the notebook with pictures.

 Happy Trails Templates

The suitcases are also all mine.  I'm ok with the results.  To make the funky beetle a little more Cherry, I added the roof rack and suitcases.  I used On The Road from Kim Cameron Designs.  That's my oldest and his best friend on the way to the south of France a few years ago.

You can move the word art all around your page and change up the colors and outlines with patterns or whatever you choose.  I kept it all separate for the most versatility for you.

Most talented Cindi played with our templates.  She used goodies from Just Because Studio.  You can find them at Gingerscraps.

 Happy Trails Templates

Jarmila turned the template into a more, classic look.  Simplette's goodies shown here.

 Happy Trails Templates



 Happy Trails Templates


I just love the school twist Hilary gave her page with the template using goodies from Meagan's Creations at the Sweet Shoppe.

 Happy Trails Templates

Rachelle from Bits N' Pieces used a cute kit, too.

 Happy Trails Templates

Tia gave it a more traditional twist.  Can't ya just feel the paper?  Melissa Lerin's kit, Kenya.

 Happy Trails Templates

Tammy worked her magic with goodies from the Sweet Shoppe.

 Happy Trails Templates

Let's just say this is a sneak peek of something coming from us, very soon.  Theresa scrapped it up.

 Happy Trails Templates


 Happy Trails Templates

Ngoc is showing off Amanda Yi's and Wendy P, Around the world.  Most appropriate a match! 

 Happy Trails Templates

This is my last page and I wanted to show you another idea for these templates.  Since the shapes are so large and kind of the feature, you could manipulate them singularly and make your own Personal Use elements for your pages.

I used Aimee Harrison's beautiful collection Tree of Life.  You can grab it at Gingerscraps.

 Happy Trails Templates

I simply scaled down the globe and fit on this 3x4 journal card.  I wanted to play with the concept of actually using the template for the flowers and leaves.  Tammy used actual flower and leaf elements on her page, way up there.  She also changed up the journaling.  Just think how beautiful your globe will be!

 Free Journal Card, Happy Trails and Tree of Life

Here is the free journal card.  Simply click on the preview to download and enjoy!

I hope you'll take advantage of the special price for these FIVE templates.  It's discounted for one week only.  

Feel free to jump over to our group if you have any questions about the pages or digital scrapbooking in general.  The ladies over there are super happy to help.  If you're curious about digital scrapbooking, we can get ya started in a matter of minutes and for free!  Find out how on this blog entry and join our scrapalicious group.  We'd love to see you there.

Thanks for hanging with The Cherry.

Happy scrapping!