Saturday, November 2, 2019

Day Of The Dead Freebie, Templates, Grand Opening and Lovely Scrapbooking Inspiration

Welcome to The Cherry On Top.

I'm so glad you came back for a special edition.  Yesterday's blog was kicking with gorgeous page inspiration, freebies, videos and tips and ticks.  Today's is very similar.  So sit right back and enjoy another visual parade of scrappy goodness.

 GingerScraps

Today, is Day of the Dead and I made some templates that I thought would be good for that and thought they could also be used for Halloween or anything really.  You never have to use the theme of a template.  Just use it as a kick start.  These templates are so pretty (tooting my own horn) you could use them as quick pages.

Last week, someone bought half of my shop and told me she was using my templates as quick pages. I was very flattered and thought I'd mention how they are normally used and to her delight (thanks goodness) she was introduced to something completely new and different.

These templates could definitely be used as quick pages.  I might add some better backgrounds and scatter and lot of paint and grunge edges, but not too much more.  Take a look at the incredible pages from me and my fabulous team.

 Day Of The Dead

Does my page look a little familiar?  Maybe the kit?  I wanted a bright, fun kit to use with this template.  I went for our Trolla Bolla collection.  I forgot just how brilliant it is and there were so many goodies in there, too.  There are FIVE packs! I added a puffy effect on my kitty.  Look at silly Tabby!  She was the photo bombing kitty of the house.

 Day of the Dead templates

 Day of the Dead templates

Above, I just changed up the template a bit.  I added some papers, at least 3 different edges, scat and then I desaturated my huge cluster to "go" with Aimee Harrison's Tres Noir collection.  Talk about scraping quick?!  Take a look at my pictures, too.  Nothing scary really.  No halloween or dead stuff either.

 Day of the Dead templates

Theresa kept the template as is and just added some pics and a background.  She told me to make a kit!  Hehehe...I used awesome antique effects from Mommyish.  You can get them at The Lily Pad.

 Day of the Dead

Awesomeness from Danica and Flergs found at the Sweet Shoppe. Ooh!  She made her borders puffy!  Cool!


Jenni totally knocked it out, again.  The team went nuts over her page.  I think you can see why.  This is another kit from Flergs.  Seems she's an excellent match for my templates. Hehehe...Of course, you can totally ditch the way I "decorated" the skull and use your own goodies.


I love that Jarmila kept the skulls as is and matched up her beautiful cluster perfectly.  Great idea! Kastagnette provided her with a great looking kit.  Today's freebie coordinates with this pack of templates.  Keep scrolling to get it.

I'm not necessarily a fan of Day of the Dead, though I do think it's a great opportunity to think of loved ones we miss and remind myself what characteristic of them were worth trying to implement myself.  Here's a page I did using the Day of the Dead templates and my newest One Word Wonders kit, Woebegone.


I'm far from sad when I'm sitting on this mountain side with this fantastic view.  These super beautiful flowers, foliage and extras embrace my passion for these German mountains.  They inspire me greatly.

Don't forget that there is a free template when you purchase the elements.  Here are a few pages using the template and goodies from Woebegone.

 Woebegone kit

 woebegone

 woebegone

 woebegone


 woebegone

 woebegone Ellies

How about a coupon to sweeten the deal?  Use code: WOEBEGONE30 and save.

 newsletter sign up

If you'd like to take this kit for a test spin.  Use the free sample given in our newsletter.  If you're not on our list, then change that, right now!  Hehehe...We spoil our fans and I don't deluge your inbox either.  I'll put the link for this free sample for one extra week.

Now, we'll take a look at some of the new templates I just put in the shop, yesterday.  The previews for them are in the first image at the top of this page.  

 Whimsical Templates

This is a beautiful page from Ngoc.  She used a kit from JoCee that is most fitting.  You find JoCee at GingerScraps, too.  This template is called Whimsical.

 Fashionista Templates

Cindy used our Fashionista templates and goodies from Allison Pennington.  Cindy is just great at getting a realistic crafty effect to her pages.

 Color Me Beautiful Templates

Ngoc is killing it, again.  What fantastic colors and a fun picture, too.  She used beautiful goodies from Blagovesta.

 Re Planned Templates

One of my favorite pack of templates from the new ones is this set, Re Planned.  Cindy's giving it her good ole touch of texture and frivolity.  Pink Reptile Designs is what she used for her page.

 Cut It Out templates

Now, how about some oldies but goodies?  I have a lot of templates that I made for the Scrappy Sisters shop and with their closing, these templates have been out of circulation.  With our opening at GingerScraps, I'm bringing them back.  Starting with our most popular.  That's why it is essential you breeze through the entire shop.  If there is something I'm missing, let me know!

Above, Cindy played with our Cut It Out templates.  These are super crafty and will be great for cuttable fans.

Creative Beast Tempaltes

Tia played with our Creative Beast templates.  They are a top seller and I've missed them SO much!

 Love Always templates


I did bring over a few templates from our Kreative Design Studio so be sure you do not buy the same thing twice.  The nature of these downloads do not permit me to give refunds.  I have records of all purchases at Etsy so I can check if ya need.

Above is our Love Always templates.  Danica scrapped it up stunningly!

 Hallo-What templates

If you haven't scrapped your Halloween pictures yet, then check out our Hallo-What and Spook-Tacular templates.  You can find them at either shop.

 Hallo-What templates

Hallo-What template and our buddy Marcus.

 Sppok-Tacular templates

Total gorgeousness with Cherry and our Spook-Tacular templates.

The sale is still going on at GingerScraps.  Enjoy the 40% off and fill your cart with your favorite new, old or popular templates.

Here's today's exclusive blog freebie.  Make sure you got all of the freebies from yesterday and join our group on FB if you've not done so.  We share all kinds of free stuff everyday and we also share our pages and a laugh.  We'd love to have you join us.

 Dat of the Dead freebie

Thanks again for checking out The Cherry!  I hope to see you at GingerScraps' forum and gallery.

Happy scrapping!